Below is a list of documents that are required when you apply for a mortgage. However, every situation is unique and you may be required to provide additional documentation. So, if you are asked for more information, be cooperative and provide the information requested as soon as possible. It will help speed up the application process.
- Copy of signed sales contract including all addendums.
- Verification of the deposit you placed on the home.
- Names, addresses and telephone numbers of all realtors, builders, insurance agents.
- Copy of Listing Sheet and legal description if available (if the property is a condominium please provide condominium declaration, by-laws and most recent budget).
- Copies of your pay-stubs for the most recent 30-day period and year-to-date.
- Copies of your W-2 forms for the past 2-years.
- Names and addresses of all employers for the last 2-years.
- Letter explaining any gaps in employment in the past 2-years.
- Work visa or green card (copy front & back) – if applicable.
IfÂ self-employedÂ or receiveÂ commissionÂ orÂ bonus,Â interest/dividends, orÂ rental income:
- Provide full tax returns for the last two years PLUS year-to-date Profit and Loss statement (please provide complete tax return including attached schedules and statements. If you have filed an extension, please supply a copy of the extension).
- K-1’s for all partnerships and S-Corporations for the last two years (please double-check your return. Most K-1’s are not attached to the 1040).
- Completed and signed Federal Partnership (1065) and/or Corporate Income Tax Returns (1120) including all schedules, statements and addenda for the last two years. (Required only if your ownership position is 25% or greater).
If you will useÂ AlimonyÂ orÂ Child SupportÂ to qualify:
- Provide divorce decree/court order stating amount, as well as, proof of receipt of funds for last year.
If you receiveÂ Social SecurityÂ income,Â DisabilityÂ orÂ VAÂ benefits:
- Provide award letter from agency or organization.
Source of Funds and Down Payment
- Sale of your existing home – provide a copy of the signed sales contract on your current residence and statement or listing agreement if unsold (at closing, you must also provide a settlement/Closing Statement).
- Savings, checking or money market funds – provide copies of bank statements for the last 2-months.
- Stocks and bonds – provide copies of your statement from your broker or copies of certificates.
- Gifts – If part of your cash to close, provide fully executed Gift Letter (we provide) and proof of receipt of gift funds.
- Based on information appearing on your application and/or your credit report, you may be required to submit additional documentation.
Debt or Obligations
- If you currently own property, please provide the most recent mortgage billing statement for each property owned.
- Provide the name & phone number of the insurance agent for each property.
- Provide the tax notice for each property owned.
- A Residential Mortgage Credit Report will be ordered.
- If you are paying alimony or child support, include marital settlement/court order stating the terms of the obligation.